What is Instinctive All-Wheel Drive?
What is instinctive AWD? Scottsdale drivers who want the peace of mind that comes from an all-wheel drive system should check out the innovation that Jaguar has in store. Learn more with Jaguar North Scottsdale below, and contact your local authorized Jaguar retailer to schedule a test drive and experience this system in action!
Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive
Jaguar is renowned for ultimate handling thanks to its rear-wheel drive setups, which is why the automaker finds it important to retain this control, even with Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive. Here is how this performance feature works:
- When driving conditions are normal in Paradise Valley or Phoenix, 90% of the engine’s power is sent to the rear wheels.
- With full acceleration on a dry surface, it can go up to as much as 100% power to the rear wheels.
- If additional traction or torque is needed up front, the system automatically transfers the exact amount of power required to the front wheels to regain traction and stability.
- When conditions normalize again, power returns to the rear wheels.
Intelligent Driveline Dynamics
A major component of Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive is Intelligent Driveline Dynamics. This technology is able to predict traction loss, rather than react to it:
- The IDD system contains advanced algorithms to determine if the car is headed for traction loss and which wheels will be affected.
- The moment a prediction is made, the system transfers torque to the wheels that need it most for better grip and control.
- Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics is always activated to continuously monitor where power is needed.
Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics works in conjunction with other Jaguar performance systems, such as:
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Stability Program
- Torque Vectoring by Braking
- Adaptive Surface Response, which distinguishes between different traction surfaces like mud, ice, gravel, and snow
Jaguar Models with Instinctive AWD
All new Jaguar models come available with Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive, including:
- Jaguar F-TYPE
- Jaguar XF
- Jaguar XE
- Jaguar F-PACE
- Jaguar E-PACE
- Jaguar I-PACE
Connect with Jaguar North Scottsdale Near Cave Creek
Learn More at Jaguar North Scottsdale
If you are eyeing a new Jaguar F-PACE SUV for your Scottsdale trips and commutes, you might be asking, “how much can the Jaguar F-PACE tow?” The 2019 Jaguar F-PACE has a maximum towing capacity of 5,290 pounds. Find out more about the F-PACE engine options that make this towing capacity possible, and features that make for…
What is instinctive AWD? Scottsdale drivers who want the peace of mind that comes from an all-wheel drive system should check out the innovation that Jaguar has in store. Learn more with Jaguar North Scottsdale below, and contact your local authorized Jaguar retailer to schedule a test drive and experience this system in action! Learn More Jaguar…
The 2019 Jaguar XJ price starts at $76,000* MSRP and offers six different trim levels for Scottsdale drivers to choose from, including the option of a standard wheelbase or a long wheelbase for more legroom. Learn more about the Jaguar XJ price options at Jaguar North Scottsdale, then contact your local authorized Jaguar retailer for a test…