What is Instinctive All-Wheel Drive?
What is instinctive AWD? Scottsdale drivers who want the peace of mind that comes from an all-wheel drive system should check out the innovation that Jaguar has in store. Learn more with Jaguar North Scottsdale below, and contact your local authorized Jaguar retailer to schedule a test drive and experience this system in action on models like the Jaguar XE and Jaguar F-PACE!
Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive
Jaguar is renowned for ultimate handling thanks to its rear-wheel drive setups, which is why the automaker finds it important to retain this control, even with Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive. Here is how this performance feature works:
- When driving conditions are normal in Paradise Valley or Phoenix, 90% of the engine’s power is sent to the rear wheels.
- With full acceleration on a dry surface, it can go up to as much as 100% power to the rear wheels.
- If additional traction or torque is needed up front, the system automatically transfers the exact amount of power required to the front wheels to regain traction and stability.
- When conditions normalize again, power returns to the rear wheels.
Intelligent Driveline Dynamics
A major component of Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive is Intelligent Driveline Dynamics. This technology is able to predict traction loss, rather than react to it:
- The IDD system contains advanced algorithms to determine if the car is headed for traction loss and which wheels will be affected.
- The moment a prediction is made, the system transfers torque to the wheels that need it most for better grip and control.
- Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics is always activated to continuously monitor where power is needed.
Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics works in conjunction with other Jaguar performance systems, such as:
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Stability Program
- Torque Vectoring by Braking
- Adaptive Surface Response, which distinguishes between different traction surfaces like mud, ice, gravel, and snow
Jaguar Models with Instinctive AWD
All new Jaguar models come available with Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive, including:
- Jaguar F-TYPE
- Jaguar XF
- Jaguar XE
- Jaguar F-PACE
- Jaguar E-PACE
- Jaguar I-PACE
Connect with Jaguar North Scottsdale Near Cave Creek
Don’t forget: You can easily customize your car or SUV by opting for a few of your favorite Jaguar accessories!
Learn More at Jaguar North Scottsdale
The 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE R goes 0-60 in just 3.9 seconds. That’s an incredible rate of acceleration, and even other supercars will have a hard time keeping up on the roads near Scottsdale! Of course, if you want to make sure you’ve found the perfect model. You’ll need to explore all of the Jaguar F-TYPE…
Every Jaguar comes well-appointed with performance and luxury features, but you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to make the car a reflection of who you are! Our Jaguar accessories make it even easier to create a unique impression while you drive around Scottsdale or Paradise Valley. Genuine Jaguar OEM accessories allow you to customize the interior and…
The 2020 Jaguar F-PACE seating capacity allows up to five passengers to travel comfortably. With two spacious and well-appointed rows to spread out in, you’ll love the time you spend inside of this luxury SUV’s cabin! Interested in the latest high-end comfort features? What about the Jaguar F-PACE interior dimensions? Find out exactly what to…