What is Instinctive All-Wheel Drive?
What is instinctive AWD? Scottsdale drivers who want the peace of mind that comes from an all-wheel drive system should check out the innovation that Jaguar has in store. Learn more with Jaguar North Scottsdale below, and contact your local authorized Jaguar retailer to schedule a test drive and experience this system in action on models like the Jaguar XE and Jaguar F-PACE!
Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive
Jaguar is renowned for ultimate handling thanks to its rear-wheel drive setups, which is why the automaker finds it important to retain this control, even with Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive. Here is how this performance feature works:
- When driving conditions are normal in Paradise Valley or Phoenix, 90% of the engine’s power is sent to the rear wheels.
- With full acceleration on a dry surface, it can go up to as much as 100% power to the rear wheels.
- If additional traction or torque is needed up front, the system automatically transfers the exact amount of power required to the front wheels to regain traction and stability.
- When conditions normalize again, power returns to the rear wheels.
Intelligent Driveline Dynamics
A major component of Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive is Intelligent Driveline Dynamics. This technology is able to predict traction loss, rather than react to it:
- The IDD system contains advanced algorithms to determine if the car is headed for traction loss and which wheels will be affected.
- The moment a prediction is made, the system transfers torque to the wheels that need it most for better grip and control.
- Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics is always activated to continuously monitor where power is needed.
Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics works in conjunction with other Jaguar performance systems, such as:
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Stability Program
- Torque Vectoring by Braking
- Adaptive Surface Response, which distinguishes between different traction surfaces like mud, ice, gravel, and snow
Jaguar Models with Instinctive AWD
All new Jaguar models come available with Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive, including:
- Jaguar F-TYPE
- Jaguar XF
- Jaguar XE
- Jaguar F-PACE
- Jaguar E-PACE
- Jaguar I-PACE
Connect with Jaguar North Scottsdale Near Cave Creek
Don’t forget: You can easily customize your car or SUV by opting for a few of your favorite Jaguar accessories!
Learn More at Jaguar North Scottsdale
If you want a midsize sedan that wraps you in luxury, the 2020 Jaguar XF interior will blow you away. This spacious vehicle offers plenty of room for passengers to relax, along with a smart design that maximizes cargo space. It’s no surprise that drivers from Scottsdale to Paradise Valley are raving about the Jaguar XF…
In 2019, the I-PACE proved that it could go head to head with rivals like the Tesla Model X. For 2020, the I-PACE is cementing its status as the world’s premier all-electric luxury SUV. If you’ve come this far, then you already know that the 2020 Jaguar I-PACE configurations offer exceptional performance specs and a…
The 2020 Jaguar F-PACE sets a standard for sophisticated luxury SUVs that turns heads on the streets of Scottsdale. With a selection of stylish and modern colors, your F-PACE will suit your style inside and out. Take a look at your Jaguar F-PACE color options with Jaguar North Scottsdale, and then come see it in person! Find…