What is Instinctive All-Wheel Drive?
What is instinctive AWD? Scottsdale drivers who want the peace of mind that comes from an all-wheel drive system should check out the innovation that Jaguar has in store. Learn more with Jaguar North Scottsdale below, and contact your local authorized Jaguar retailer to schedule a test drive and experience this system in action on models like the Jaguar XE and Jaguar F-PACE!
Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive
Jaguar is renowned for ultimate handling thanks to its rear-wheel drive setups, which is why the automaker finds it important to retain this control, even with Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive. Here is how this performance feature works:
- When driving conditions are normal in Paradise Valley or Phoenix, 90% of the engine’s power is sent to the rear wheels.
- With full acceleration on a dry surface, it can go up to as much as 100% power to the rear wheels.
- If additional traction or torque is needed up front, the system automatically transfers the exact amount of power required to the front wheels to regain traction and stability.
- When conditions normalize again, power returns to the rear wheels.
Intelligent Driveline Dynamics
A major component of Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive is Intelligent Driveline Dynamics. This technology is able to predict traction loss, rather than react to it:
- The IDD system contains advanced algorithms to determine if the car is headed for traction loss and which wheels will be affected.
- The moment a prediction is made, the system transfers torque to the wheels that need it most for better grip and control.
- Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics is always activated to continuously monitor where power is needed.
Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics works in conjunction with other Jaguar performance systems, such as:
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Stability Program
- Torque Vectoring by Braking
- Adaptive Surface Response, which distinguishes between different traction surfaces like mud, ice, gravel, and snow
Jaguar Models with Instinctive AWD
All new Jaguar models come available with Jaguar Instinctive All-Wheel Drive, including:
- Jaguar F-TYPE
- Jaguar XF
- Jaguar XE
- Jaguar F-PACE
- Jaguar E-PACE
- Jaguar I-PACE
Connect with Jaguar North Scottsdale Near Cave Creek
Learn More at Jaguar North Scottsdale
The 2020 Jaguar F-PACE seating capacity allows up to five passengers to travel comfortably. With two spacious and well-appointed rows to spread out in, you’ll love the time you spend inside of this luxury SUV’s cabin! Interested in the latest high-end comfort features? What about the Jaguar F-PACE interior dimensions? Find out exactly what to…
The 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE is a stylish sports car that starts at $61,600 MSRP, with sport-style front seats in premium leather, a choice of coupe and convertible body styles, and plenty of convenient technologies. Take a closer look at the carefully-crafted Jaguar F-TYPE interior at Jaguar North Scottsdale near Paradise Valley. When you are ready to experience the…
The 2019 Jaguar I-PACE starts at $69,500 MSRP for the entry-level S. Upgrading to the range-topping First Edition costs $85,900 MSRP. Of course, you’ll enjoy over 230 miles of range on a full charge with all configurations, plus luxury features that build as you upgrade. Learn more about price points of the new Jaguar I-PACE…